Application forms and notices
The following forms are required to be completed and lodged with the Pharmacy Council of New South Wales when the following is to occur:
- Application for a New Pharmacy (PDF 238KB)
Establishment of a new pharmacy with or without a professional services room.
- Application for a Professional Services Room (PDF 187KB)
Establishment of a new professional services room.
- Application for Change of Pharmacy Ownership where the purchaser is a Sole Pharmacist (PDF 206KB)
When a change of ownership is to occur and the purchaser is a sole pharmacist.
- Application for Change of Pharmacy Ownership where the purchasers are a Partnership of Pharmacists (PDF 214KB)
When a change of ownership is to occur and the resulting business structure will be a pharmacists' partnership of two or more pharmacists. This includes a change to partnership arrangements in an existing pharmacists' partnership.
- Application for Change of Pharmacy Ownership where the purchaser/s include a Pharmacists' Body Corporate (PDF 232KB)
When a change of ownership is to occur and the resulting business structure includes a pharmacy body`body corporate. This does NOT include a change in shareholding or directorship of a pharmacists' body corporate.
- Application for Relocation or Expansion/Reduction of Pharmacy Premises (PDF 214KB)
The relocation and change of address of existing pharmacy premises, or renovations that will substantially increase or decrease the size of the premises.
- Application for Relocation or Expansion/Reduction of Professional Services Room (PDF 168KB)
The relocation and change of address of an existing professional services room, or renovations that will substantially increase or decrease its size.
- Application for Acquisition of Financial Interest in a Pharmacists Body Corporate by New Shareholder(s) and/or Director(s) (PDF 212KB)
A change in shareholding which will result in a new shareholder or any proposed appointment of a new director to a Pharmacists Body Corporate.
- Notice of Change of Pharmacy Name (PDF 157KB)
A change to the name of the pharmacy.
- Notice of Disposal of Financial Interest in a Pharmacy (PDF 167KB)
The disposal of a pharmacist's financial interest in a pharmacy.
- Notice of Closure of a Pharmacy (PDF 145KB)
A pharmacy ceases trading and closes.
- Notice of Completion (PDF 157KB)
To be completed by the purchaser of the pharmacy once transfer of ownership or sale (settlement) of a pharmacy business has been finalised.
The Guide is a booklet designed to assist in the completion of the pharmacy application forms and notices. The guidelines contained in the booklet are based on the Council's policies and the provisions of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) and the Health Practitioner Regulation (New South Wales) Regulation 2010.
- The Guide (PDF 472KB)
Application lodgement dates
Applications and notices are put to the Council for consideration of approval at its monthly meetings. Only completed applications lodged by the lodgement date will be put to Council at its next meeting. Applications will not be put to Council for consideration until all necessary documentation has been received and the application is complete.
Declaration of financial interest
The Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) (the National Law (NSW)) requires that all persons holding a financial interest in a pharmacy must submit an annual declaration to the Pharmacy Council regarding such interest. Failure to submit a completed annual Declaration of Financial Interest by the due date is a contravention of Clause 15 of Schedule F of the National Law (NSW).
The due date for annual declarations is 1 June each year. Declaration of Financial Interest notices are posted annually in May to all persons who held a financial interest during the preceding 12 month return period 1 May to 30 April. The annual declaration must be completed for each pharmacy in which the holder held an interest during the 12 month period, whether or not the holder has since sold or otherwise divested themselves of that interest.