Exemption from storage requirements for goods requiring refrigeration

A new exemption is now in force exempting the pharmacist in charge of a pharmacy from the storage requirements of clause 73(1) and clause 76 of the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Regulation 2008, where the pharmacy is a hospital pharmacy or a retail pharmacy. This...

Attention Pharmacy Owners - revised lodgement dates for 2018

There has been a trend for pharmacy business structures to become increasingly complex over time. This has led to an increase in the volume and complexity of business and financial documentation provided to the Council in support of an ownership application (new...
Council membership
This page lists membership vacancies with the Pharmacy Council of NSW.

Good practice to prescribing and dispensing compounded medicines

The Pharmacy Board of Australia and Medical Board of Australia have released a joint statement to remind pharmacists and medical practitioners of their respective responsibilities relating to compounded medicines which in turn will protect patients. A compounded...
What you can complain about
You can make complaints to us about the professional performance, professional behaviour, or health of a registered health practitioner.
About Us
Health professional councils work to protect the health and safety of the public in New South Wales by managing complaints about practitioners and students. Councils work with the Health Care Complaints Commission to decide the best way a complaint should be managed...

Our policies and guidelines

Policies, guidelines, procedures, position statements and processes which guide the work of the Pharmacy Council.
List of fact sheets
We provide provide fact sheets to practitioners and complainants as part of the complaints management process and other relevant topics. The fact sheets developed so far are provided here for information. This page will be updated as work continues.
Interpreter service
People who prefer a language other than English should contact the HPCA through the Telephone Interpreter Service (TIS) on 131 450. Interpreters can be arranged by the HPCA to discuss a complaint or TIS will organise for an interpreter in your language to be on the...
Complaint outcomes
There are many different possible outcomes of a complaint, including no action, no further action following a council process, restricting practice, suspension, cancellation, monitoring.