Title: Pharmacist Auditor - Vaccinations
Salary: Pharmacist Grade 4
Hours: Full time. Part time will be considered.
Duration: 4 month (full time) contract with the Health Professional Councils Authority (HPCA)
Closing date: Friday 24 January 2020
The Pharmacy Council is seeking a Pharmacist Auditor - Vaccinations to undertake compliance audits, on behalf of NSW Health, of pharmacies providing vaccination services. The Pharmacist Auditor will also manage the project under direction from the Pharmacy Council and the Health Professional Councils Authority.
The HPCA will cover the costs of travel to metropolitan and some regional pharmacies for this project.
You will have the following attributes:
- Current registration as a pharmacist in Australia.
- Thorough knowledge of the NSW Health Vaccination Standards and the legislative and regulatory framework for health professions in Australia.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- High level written and verbal communication, interpersonal, consultation, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to critically analyse issues, outline decision making and provide reports and high level advice.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Standards of conduct:
The successful applicant will need to be suitable for appointment as an inspector under the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Act 1966 (NSW). The successful applicant must adhere to public sector standards and principles of conduct to ensure public confidence and trust in the Council and its processes.
Applicants must nominate two referees who are familiar with their work and professional responsibilities and who can discuss their skills and qualifications, if required.
We will notify all unsuccessful applicants after the EOI process.
Probity checks for short listed applicants
Applicants will be subject to a national criminal record check.
Contact Nina Beeston on (02) 9219 0284
Applicants are required to submit an up to date resume and a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) which addresses the following, and the essential attributes:
- Outline your experience and understanding of the current regulatory framework for pharmacy vaccinations and the extent of your vaccination experience.
- In your current or previous role, outline how you have established a network of effective working relationships and how you have engaged, communicated and collaborated with internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired goals.
Please email your application marked attention to Nina Beeston at Nina.Beeston@health.nsw.gov.au