Application forms and notices
The following forms are required to be completed and lodged with the Pharmacy Council of New South Wales when the following is to occur:
- Application for a New Pharmacy
- Application for a Professional Services Room
- Application for Acquisition of Shares or Appointment of New Director
- Application for Change Ownership - Partnership
- Application for Change of Ownership - Pharmacist Body Corporates
- Application for Change of Ownership - Sole Pharmacist or Friendly Society
- Application for Notice of Acquisition of Financial Interest - as a Unitholder or Beneficiary of a Trust
- Application for Relocation or Expansion/Reduction of Pharmacy Premises
- Application for Relocation or Expansion/Reduction of Professional Services Room
- Notice of Change of Pharmacy Name
- Notice of Disposal of Financial Interest in a Pharmacy
- Notice of Closure of a Pharmacy
- Notice of Completion
The Guide is a booklet designed to assist in the completion of the pharmacy application forms and notices. The guidelines contained in the booklet are based on the Council's policies and the provisions of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) and the Health Practitioner Regulation (New South Wales) Regulation 2010.
- The Guide (PDF 472KB)
Application lodgement dates
From 30 March 2020, ownership application lodgement dates no longer apply. Complete and compliant applications will not need to go to a formal Council meeting which means that the majority of applications will be approved within 10 business days
Declaration of financial interest in a pharmacy business
Any person who held a financial interest in a NSW pharmacy business at any time during the 12 month return period 1 May to 30 April, must complete an annual declaration regarding the interest. The declaration of financial interest in a pharmacy business must be completed even if the interest was divested or the pharmacy sold during that time.
The due date for annual declarations is 30 June each year. Declarations are made online via the Council’s website. An email will be sent to each holder of a financial interest with instructions for completing the declaration.
Financial interests include direct and indirect monetary interests in a pharmacy business. Financial interests may be held by pharmacist proprietors, pharmacists who are partners in a pharmacists’ partnership that owns a pharmacy, and pharmacists who are shareholders, directors or beneficiaries in a pharmacists’ body corporate that owns a pharmacy.
Failure to submit a completed declaration by the due date is an offence under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW)